Wednesday, August 5, 2015

From Delightful to Disgusting

Yes, I take Flintstones Multivitamin Gummies. They happen to be delicious. These are all of the medications that have been tried and used since February of 2015. I luckily do not take this many on a daily basis, mostly only taking vitamins.
We recently got two different flavors of DGL which is supposed to coat my stomach to help food pass through better, however the two flavors are Black Licorice and German Chocolate. I hated both. My dad seemed amused as I spit them out and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth after gargling a glass of water.
Dulcolax and Miralax have been used to try relieving my near constant constipation. Omeprazole is being used to heal the lining of my stomach as it was found inflamed from the Endoscopy. Ginger Root seems to have been helping a bit in allowing me to eat more and soon I'll have Slippery Elm capsules as the powder mixed with liquid tastes like tree bark... I mean I get that it's Elm but still...
Sometimes I realize that I could be getting better faster if I just force myself to chew up two tablets of DGL 20 minutes before each meal every day. It's a tricky situation because I hate it so much. Just as I was prescribed some tablets that are supposed to dissolve in my mouth to help alleviate nausea, but they actually just made me more sick because they tasted awful.
I'm still trying to decide on taking medications prescribed by the University of Utah that could have extreme side affects. The bottom line is that I don't want to be dependent on drugs for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment